Our team's mission is to produce media about solutions to climate change. We will continue to do so until we put ourselves out of business.
carbon nation is an optimistic, solutions-based, non-preachy, non-partisan, big tent film that shows tackling climate change boosts the economy, increases national & energy security and promotes health & a clean environment. The film's optimism and pragmatism are appealing across the political spectrum. While other good films have been about problems, blame and guilt, carbon nation is a film that celebrates solutions, inspiration and action. We meet a host of entertaining and endearing characters along the way..
carbon nation will affect public opinion when viewed by a large cross section of the American Public. Our aspiration is to make carbon nation available to every Middle School, High School, College, University and interested group, and for the film to be a widely used tool to inform and shape a well-informed and pragmatic discussion about climate change.
Host a carbon nation screening in your community!
We hope carbon nation will be used as a tool to inspire and inform communities across the country about climate change solutions.
Select the type of event you want to host and purchase the screening material. It is easy! We provide a DVD, and supply you with digital materials, i.e. logo, photos, synopsis, poster artwork etc. to help promote the film. If preferred, we can also post the screening on our website and Facebook page to help promote your event. Additionally, we can arrange for Peter Byck, the director of the film to join your audience for a Q&A post-screening via Skype or in person, if you think your attendees would enjoy that bonus experience. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery or contact us for express shipping options at
"How to Arrange a Screening" Guide (doc) - including step-by-step information about hosting and promoting a screening, sample flyer, sample generic web post, sign in sheet, feedback form, order form and license agreement.
Production Notes (doc) - including detailed information about the cast and filmmakers, film synopsis, director's statement and more.
Poster Art (pdf)- add your screening information on the poster and get printed
Sample Flyer (doc) - add your screening information on the sample flyer and get printed
'carbon nation' Logo (jpg) - design your own promotional material or use for website and blog postings
Production Photos & Press Kit(link) - download still photos and more from the film at this link
Discussion Guide (pdf) - for post screening discussions and in the classroom
Trailer - Embed the 'carbon nation' trailer with the following code: <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eLs73KJI36w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Press Release (doc) - Use the sample press release to inform local media about your event.
Contact us for assistance. Email here
carbon nation team top tips for reducing your co2 footprint
- Weatherize your house – if there’s a draft, there’s a leak.
- When your roof needs repairs, paint it white at the same time.
- Unplug DVD players, coffee makers, phone chargers – anything not in use.
- 5-minute showers are much better than baths.
- Raise your kid’s allowance if they help reduce utility bills.
- Buy your utility’s green energy option.
- Solar Hot Water Heaters = huge CO2 reductions.
- Wind - can your home or office use a small turbine?
- Geothermal – can you install a home geothermal heat pump?
- Seek out community purchasing groups to buy & install solar panels in bulk,
- like lbog.org.
- Meatless Mondays – eat meat one day less a week.
- Eat local food, efficiently delivered.
- Use only Forest Stewardship wood products.
- Use a push lawn mower.
- Elect clean energy public servants.
- Demand tough energy efficiency building standards.
- Take mass transit at least once a week.
- Video conference instead of travel.
- Invest in companies promoting clean energy.
- If you’re a student, become an engineer.
- Share all this great info with your family, friends and co-workers.
We'll be expanding this section, with your assistance, so please check back.
For now, here are a few more ways you can make a difference:
- If you have a Solution video or article, please submit it to us HERE
- Arrange a Screening of Carbon Nation in your neighborhood so that your friends, family and neighbors can understand why you feel so empassioned about this topi
- Pledge now to attend a screening of Carbon Nation; in theatres January 2011
- Check out YOUR Solutions; submitted by global neighbors, and future friends.
"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing
because he could do only a little."
~ Edmund Burke